Wednesday, 30 December 2009

Angels of Anarchy

Meret Oppenheim

"Feet, why do I need them if I have wings to fly?" Frida Kahlo.

"And finally there are the myths of angels, guardian angels, fallen angels, angels of mercy, angels of anatomy...The angel is one of the key symbols of woeman surrealists, because it brings together the 'divine and human, the immanent and transcendent'. It is a symbol of hybridity and becoming which faces and reshapes history and tradition, in the artists own image" p28 Exhibition Catalogue ~ Manchester Art Gallery 26 Sept-10 Jan. http://www.angelsofanarchy.org.uk/

2 comments:

epiphanygirl said...

I found your blog through Anchors and Masts. Thank you for reminding me of the nature of angels, of supporting my suspicion that they are so much more than saccharine cherubs on greeting cards.

DragonFly said...

Hello Epiphanygirl :o)...wow that's some powerful name...Yes it is important I agree to remember that Angels are powerful and come in all shapes and forms. Greetings and Blessings Elizabeth