Monday, 29 October 2012

Underneath the Hunters Full Moon

"When the Japanese mend broken objects, they aggrandise the damage by filling the cracks with gold. They believe that when something's suffered damage and has a history it becomes more beautiful." Barbara Bloom.

Underneath the Hunters Full Moon.
I crouch cramped freezing around the smoking fire.
My drum skin taught tight
Only a harsh sound will it rasp.

Unsettled Souls entangled in their fright fight
Against the night.
I share the hurt of my heart for a mother's love.
For me. For herself.

So this is love.
Grief that was never allowed
Until now.

No longer wishing to be haunted
It is time to forgive.
And so I am my mother's daughter.
I am me. Not her.

Underneath the Hunters Moon.
I am the Hunter and the Hunted.
I am lips parted baring teeth white
Sharpened by the night.

***

May all Souls find Peace.


No comments: