Tuesday, 19 February 2008

Blessings to the bumble bee

Woke in morning in our evolving home
Camping inside with a log burning fire,
breath solidifying in the merging morning.

Tip toe in dust laden crazy paved floor into maze of wire snakes and ladders.
I feel an emerging presence stirring by my naked toes.
A giant thunder in still tiny translucent wings,
small round and furry with black many eyed face stirred by the sun.
Legs swimming.

With heart pounding ~ into my hand I scoop,
fearful of a burning sting I run,
to a crisp golden sheltered spot,
placing down into ash and fallen leaves.

Two days of frost follow.
I find the Bee,
silent and cold.
Blessings to the bumble bee

4 comments:

Moonroot said...

This is so beautiful - and so sad. Lovely writing. Thank you.

Zahara Celestial said...

Many thanks Mooonroot....I am very pleased that my poem has appeared to conveyed my experience....yes it was very sad...and wondered if I could have lived with a bumble bee or two in the home! love Dragonfly

industrialpoppy said...

There a few things in life as wondrous and beautiful as the bumblebee-there are so few around now...it is so very sad to me.

Zahara Celestial said...

Hello industrialpoppy...yes I very much reasonate with what you've said here. Very sad. Having said that I have noticed this spring an explosion of bumble bees in the Brecon Beacon area!....maybe there are in other areas too? A friend of mine said she thought it was the bumble bees compensating for the decline other bees...what ever the cause/reason I found it an absolute delight to behold!